Here are some tips to help you get started:
- Try the Tutorial, and feel free to experiment in the sandbox (test area).
- You should familiarize yourself with how pages are edited in Wikipedia (how to make links and such).
- If you need help, post a question at the Help Desk
- Eventually, you might want to read the Manual of Style and Policies and Guidelines.
- Explore, be bold in editing pages, and, most importantly, have fun!
P.S. One last helpful hint. To sign your posts like I did above (on talk pages, for example) use multiple '~' symbols. To insert just your name, type ~~~ (3 tildes), or to insert your name and timestamp, which is customary, use ~~~~ (4 tildes).